March 28, 2012
ABC News Radio & Cumulus Media Networks Announce a Live Town Hall with Robin Roberts
Race and Justice: A National Conversation
One-Hour Radio Special with special guests actor Hill Harper, rapper Q-Tip, ESPN columnist Stephen A. Smith, students from the Believe Charter School and pastor A.R. Bernard
Will Air Wednesday, March 28 at 7:00PM ET
In response to the national dialogue sparked by the shooting death of unarmed African-American teenager Trayvon Martin, ABC News Radio will host a one-hour broadcast “Race and Justice: A National Conversation” with “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts, actor Hill Harper, hip-hop artist Q-Tip, ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith and founder of the Christian Cultural Center Pastor A.R. Bernard. The town hall will be broadcast live on ABC News Radio affiliates through Cumulus Media Networks and will be live streamed on ABCNews.com and Goodmorningamerica.com on Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 7:00PM ET.
Key participants include:
• Hill Harper is an actor known for his role on “CSI: NY” and the author of several books including Letters to a Young Brother: MANifest your Destiny and Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE your Destiny. He is the founder of the non-profit organization Manifest your Destiny which offers underserved youth access to academic programming and personal development.
• Q-Tip, or Kamaal Ibn John Fareed, is a leading member of “A Tribe Called Quest” the music group widely lauded as the originators of the hip-hop movement.
• Stephen A. Smith is a sports media icon and host of ESPN Radio’s Stephen A. Smith Show. He has contributed to major newspapers and is a regular guest on ESPN’s First Take with Skip Bayless.
• Pastor A.R. Bernard is the founder, senior pastor and CEO of the Christian Cultural Center the largest evangelical church in the New York Region. He is also the president of the Council of Churches of the City of New York and served on Mayor Bloomberg’s 2001 Transition Team.
• Mary Mary is the three-time Grammy winning contemporary gospel duo of sisters Erica and Tina Campbell. They are often credited with revolutionizing the American gospel music movement.
Audience members including high school students, parents and law enforcement officials will participate in the live discussion and have an opportunity to ask questions of the featured participants.
ABC News Radio is America’s largest commercial radio news organization, delivering daily newscasts and breaking news coverage to more than 1,800 affiliates nationwide and reaching approximately 77 million people each week. ABC News Radio also produces ABC Sports Radio and ABC Entertainment Radio, along with news, entertainment and sports audio and text content for an array of digital partners. ABC News Radio’s digital audio partnership with Slacker Radio and AOL Radio provide a combined reach of 60+ million users. ABC News Radio is distributed to radio stations by Cumulus Media, which has 4,400 affiliate radio stations reaching more than 110 million listeners in the 12+ demographic each week.
About Cumulus Media Networks
Cumulus Media Networks has more than 4,000 affiliate radio stations reaching 121 million listeners in the 12+ demographic each week. Programs and services include ABC News Radio, The Mark Levin Show, The Michael Baisden Show, The Huckabee Report, Imus in the Morning, The John Batchelor Show, Red Eye Radio, MoneyTalk with Bob Brinker, The Larry Kudlow Show, Radio Perez with Perez Hilton, Kidd Kraddick in the Morning, Cannon’s Countdown with Nick Cannon and American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks. Other Cumulus Media Networks services include advanced digital media platforms with online interactive advertising; streaming audio and podcasts; ABC Sports Radio; format-specific ePrep; production libraries; and nine 24-hour formats including Scott Shannon’s True Oldies Channel and ESPN Radio. Cumulus Media Networks en Español includes leading Spanish-language programming such as ConexiónThalia and ESPN Deportes Radio.
© 2012 Cumulus Media Networks